The competing interests of residential/commercial landlords and tenants forces both to be aware of their rights and obligations.
Our property lawyers deal every day with the changing face of landlord and tenant law. We handle the non-contentious issues for both landlords and tenants, including negotiating and drafting agreements. We also deal with contentious situations where it’s necessary to enforce terms or to recover possession of the property.
Clients include major property businesses and large commercial tenants, as well as individual landlords and small, single-premises occupiers. Properties range from industrial units to high street retail sites. We are known for our expertise and our straightforward advice and solutions, whichever side of the fence you’re on.
Our team specialises in:
- Assignments and sub-letting
- Assured shorthold tenancies
- Enforcement of covenants
- Issuing proceedings for the possession of premises
- Issues arising from the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Landlords' consents
- Lease negotiation
- Lease renewal
- Leasehold enfranchisements
- Recovery of service charges
- Recovery of possession
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Rent reviews/rent arrears
- Schedules of dilapidations